Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My name is Tracy, but you can call me Martha: Key Box

My husband thinks I am addicted to spray painting stuff. I have no comment! ;)

While I was on my decorating kick around the living room, our key holder box started driving me crazy. It's unfinished wood. Unfinished... just dying for some spray paint! But I just knew I'd never live it down if I painted my husband's key box.

 
I had to find a way to replace the unfinished key box without making my husband worry that my next post would be titled "My name is Tracy, but you can call me Martha: Painted, Upcycled Husband."

A key box is really just a box with hooks inside that is screwed to the wall. So I scoured the house for a pretty box and found this:


Pretty, Pretty! And it fits with the natural/tan, green and blue color scheme we've got going on in the living room.

So simple, I promise! First, I unscrewed the hooks from the old key box and made marks inside the new box where I wanted them to go. Then I pre-drilled small holes in the new box and hand screwed those hooks in. Then I pre-drilled a pilot hole in the new box where the wall screws were to go, screwed those in and wham bam thank you ma'am, it was up on the wall!


I love it! Do you?

Linking Up @ Today's Creative Blog & The Thrifty Home

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I'm your newest follower (via Craft-O-Maniac's linky party). I just wanted to drop by and say hi, and let you know that I think your key box is fabulous! I might have to copy it. Feel free to drop by my blog sometime and check it out.

    ReplyDelete