Sunday, June 19, 2011

Baking for the Man

I had on my Housewife Week To-Do List to get 3 quotes for refinishing our basement. We were planning to start refinishing it this Winter so I wanted to start interviewing contractors and getting quotes now. That is, until this happened:


Yep, that's my front porch. Nope, it wasn't a tornado. The cause is simple: My husband + his friend x beer = a missing from porch.

To be fair, it was all my fault. I complained enough about the old outdoor carpet on the porch that my husband removed it. What was lying underneath wasn't quite so pretty. (I believe my argument about the carpet went something like "Whatever is underneath can't be worse than this awful carpet!" Insert foot into mouth.)

So, the basement planning is on hold for now and we are full speed ahead on a new & improved deck. It will be about 2 1/2 times the size of the old one and take a look at our future view:


Yep, that's a vineyard and coming very soon to the left of the photo will be a new winery. Jealous??

So, what does this have to do with baking? Well, as you deduced from the equation above, the Hubs and his friend spent hours on Saturday in the crazy heat demolishing the porch. I did what housewives do and made them lunch and cookies. But no, I didn't make just any ordinary cookie. I dare someone to find a better cookie recipe for two hungry, sweaty men!


So what was so special about these cookies? Well, I'll tell you.... a secret ingredient!


BACON!!!!!

I found a recipe online for Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies and wasn't quite so sure about it, but knowing how much my husband loves bacon I thought I'd give it a shot. I can't believe I'm about to saw this but they were pretty awesome! They taste sort of like when your bacon gets dipped into your pancake syrup... but with chocolate.

I promise these won't disappoint but I would suggest you make them when there will be multiple guys around to help you finish them off. The recipe I used from Mouth from the South makes quite a lot of cookies!

What do you think readers- do Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies sound yummy or just too weird to try?



No comments:

Post a Comment