Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Best Dinner I Couldn't Eat

I have been collecting new recipes to try out during Housewife Week for months. I picked the one I thought my husband would like the best for Monday's dinner: Jalapeno Popper Burgers from Lady Behind the Curtain.

I was so excited to make this recipe, but needed to find a way to easy it up a bit. Just because I had hours available Monday to prepare dinner doesn't mean I always do so if there was going to be a chance of me making these burgers again I needed to cut back on some of the prep.

Here is my altered ingredient list:

Jalapeno Popper Burger Recipe
Ingredients
3 jalapeno peppers  Substitute: Chopped jalapenos in a jar
1 teaspoon olive oil
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 garlic cloves, minced  Substitute: jarred minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning Substitute: Cayenne Pepper (this might have been a mistake)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 pounds ground beef
6 slices pepper Jack cheese
6 hamburger buns
lettuce
tomato
3/4 cup guacamole

A few of my substitutions were geared towards my husband's tastes but unfortunately they made the burgers a little hot for me. So hot, in fact, that I wasn't able to actually eat my burger. :( Instead, I sort of nibbled around the outside and then gave my husband the inner circle containing all the spicy jalapeno chunks. 

The Hubs did, however, love his burger! He actually called it "The Best Burger Ever." I'm beaming with pride!



No comments:

Post a Comment