Tuesday, May 3, 2011

These are a Few of My Favorite Things: Etsy

In case I haven't mentioned before, I am in love, love, love with Etsy.com. Etsy is a website where artisans and crafters can sell their handmade goods, as well as vintage items and crafting supplies. There are so many incredible 2010's housewives making a living from home and sharing their talents on Etsy. It is, in my opinion, the ultimate website for unique and special gifts! Since I purchased so many items for our wedding from Etsy (and got many great ideas for DIY projects from there as well) I wanted to highlight a few of the shops/products that made our wedding as awesome as it was!

Image Courtesy Cardens Photography
The very first item I purchased off Etsy were ties for our bridal party, from the infamous shop Cyberoptix Tie Lab. We went with the Microfiber Beer Ties (of course) for my husband and the groomsmen, and bought the two dads different styles that fit their personalities. There are so many color choices and it was very easy to request swatches.


Embroidery By Cathy
 For my father, I bought a hankie similar to the one above. (The shop I purchased it from isn't selling wedding hankies anymore.) Ours said, "Of all the walks we have taken together, I treasure this one the most. Today a Bride, Tomorrow a Wife, Forever your Daughter. Love, Tracy" with our wedding date on it. <Tear, Tear>



MichaelAngela
I bought these personalized totes from MichaelAngela as thank you gifts for my mother & bridesmaids for throwing my bridal shower as well as for my cousins for hosting my Bachelorette Weekend. I should have bought one for myself while I was at it! I hear they are very useful and I thought the quality was just as good as any from a retail store. The colors and fonts are customizable as well!



Vintage and Glam
 My favorite shop/seller on Etsy is definitely Vintage and Glam, who made my rehearsal dinner necklace (middle), my wedding day necklace (left) and my mother's wedding day jewelry (right). She was so incredibly sweet and easy to work with, and allowed me to customize every piece so they were just what I wanted. Vintage and Glam is soo affordable as well!



Image Courtesy Cardens Photography
 My awesome hair flowers were made by Lemonring, a shop out of South Korea that makes the cutest hair/shoe/corsage flowers. I emailed her in advance and asked if she could convert two shoe clips into hair pins, which she did very happily (and quickly I might add). I was so pleased with the quality of her products that I ordered two more in corsage form and gave them to our two grandmothers to wear the day of the wedding. Lemonring has now added new styles to the shop which are definitely worth checking out!


Image Courtesy Cardens Photography
We had a table set out for guests to enjoy a glass of sweet tea before the ceremony. I wanted to give them a little something sweet to nibble on as well and that's where Sugar & Flour came in with their adorable handmade, heart-shaped sugar cookies. Soo yummy, I can't even tell you! I shouldn't tell you, I should buy all their cookies and keep them for myself! These cookies made me regret allowing the bridesmaids to buy dresses with pockets because we now have 1 or 2 FIVE photos of one of my bridesmaids pulling cookies out of her dress pocket. She apparently squirreled them all away when someone wasn't looking. I've sent packets of Sugar & Flour cookies out as gifts since the wedding, including a thank you to our awesome photographers.

I hope I inspired you to check out  Etsy.com! I warn you... it is addictive! You will be window shopping for hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment