Here is what I put inside:
- Reusable grocery bag
- bottled water (for hydration)
- Mountain Dew (for energy)
- Capri Sun (for fun)
- An energy drink (for extra energy)
- A box of Triscuits
- Colgate Wisp (travelers with clean teeth are happy travelers!)
- Excedrin Back & Body (it's going to be a loooong trip!)
- Cereal Bars
- Granola Bars
- Prewrapped cookies
- A Shout Wipe (I never leave home without one!)
- Wasabi Almonds (for a pick-me-up)
- A candy bar
- Prewrapped crackers & cheese
- Gum (I hear gum keeps you better awake while driving than coffee... I'm skeptical, but whatever works!)
I put everything in a reusable grocery bag I had lying around and added a roll of paper towels and a rolled up trash bag. I put like items into plastic bags with zippers (for easy access). I might also throw in a McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts gift card just in case the gum doesn't do the trick!
I had most of the items already on hand. All the snacky stuff and beverages were leftover from a Bachelorette Party road trip a couple weeks back and I just received a gift in the reusable grocery bag (so I'm regifting- I have plenty of grocery bags). The shout wipes, gum and Excedrin were from my personal stockpile. The only item I purchased specifically for this gift was the Colgate Wisp pack which I found on clearance at Target the other day for $1.14. Of course, I had a $.75 coupon which made them $.39. Add in a $5 gift card and the total cost for this gift is $5.39.
I love gifts like these- low cost but have a lot of thought behind them that really shows when you give it! A travel bag might also make a great gift for a recent high school graduate who will be going away to school in the fall. You could also easily adapt it into a car emergency kit for a summer sweet 16 party. Happy Good Deed Day!