Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wife Points Wednesday: Guest Post- Boudoir Cookies!

Boudoir Cookies... are your interests peaked yet?? I am so excited to present another guest post today for Wife Points Wednesday. A special, special thank you to Lisa from The Enchanted Oven!


When Tracy asked me to do a tutorial on some of my "boudoir" cookies, I was excited to show how easy it is to make a thong cookie.  Hey, not all of us want to put one on our bodies,  but  you can certainly put one on a plate :)

I chose the thong because it takes a simple heart shaped cookie cutter which is something if you don't already have, is easy to purchase.  With your favorite sugar cookie dough, cut out a heart shape, turn it upside down and cut off the pointed tip.




Now bake and cool.  With royal icing (I used a Wilton #4 tip), draw one line straight across.




The second line goes from the top left down to the indentation of the bottom.




Now just bring the final line up to meet the top.  Here is what they look like when they are outlined.




Now, thin your icing down with either water or milk.  Let it sit for a few minutes for the air bubbles to rise to the surface.  Gently stir, and put into squeeze bottles.  Fill in the open area of the thong.




I use a toothpick to guide the icing into the corners.  Let the icing dry for a couple of hours or overnight.  You can call it a day at this point, or you can add details like bows, ruffles, polka dots, hearts, or dragees. 


Here they are finished.




And here is another group that I did a while back.




If you are a woman of color, can you imagine how adorable these would be using a chocolate sugar cookie dough?  If you want a smoother "cheek" (no cookie wrinkle cellulite), outline and fill the skin with a flesh colored icing.  To see my entire post of boudoir cookies, click here.


I hope you have fun with these (I certainly did!).  They are a great for any day you want to give your guy a little surprise in his lunch.  I hope you will come and visit me at The Enchanted Oven because I do lots of family friendly and fun projects.  Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment